Date and Time:
May 10: Security Check In from 8am to 8:45am
May 10: meeting from 9am to 5pm
May 11: meeting from 8am to 12pm
The GMLC Interoperability Technical Meeting is being held in partnership with the GMLC Interoperability project and SGIP. There are no fees associated with attending this meeting.
The GMLC Interoperability project works with industry to establish a strategic vision of interoperability for grid modernization. This second meeting with industry participants, shares progress and solicits feedback on three work products: a strategic vision for interoperability, a tool to help measure interoperability (i.e., an interoperability maturity model), and a methodology for developing roadmaps to move from today’s situation toward the vision of an interactive grid characterized by easy to integrate devices and systems. In addition to providing valuable feedback, attendees will be asked to help shape future work directions toward achieving tangible results.
Topics to be explored include:
- Defining criteria and measuring interoperability
- Application of roadmap methodology and tools in specific grid-related ecosystems
- Trial candidates for roadmap methodology
- Approaches to encourage interoperability advancement including model language for procurement specifications, cost/benefits of interoperability, and demonstrations of advanced interoperability capabilities
AEP Ohio Headquarters
AEP Ohio is an AEP (American Electric Power) company
700 Morrison Rd, Gahanna, OH 43230
The John Glenn Columbus International Airport is 2.7 miles away from AEP Ohio Headquarters facility, approximately an 8 minute drive by car. Click here for directions to the AEP Ohio Headquarters facility.
Security Check In:
Click here for a list of hotels and lodging near the AEP Ohio Headquarters facility. Make hotel reservations early to secure a per diem rate.
To be approved for AEP building access, please register for the GMLC Interoperability Technical Review Meeting by April 25, 2017. A government issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license or passport) will be required for AEP building access.
Security Check In and issue of temporary AEP facility access badge will be held from 8am to 8:45am at the main 1st floor entrance on the west side of the AEP Ohio Headquarters facility. You will receive an Authorized Visitor/Guest AEP badge here and will be directed to the meeting rooms.
Register for this event
- Make sure to register by April 25, 2017 to be approved for AEP building access and to receive your Authorized Visitor/Guest AEP badge at Security Check In.
- If you are driving to the AEP Ohio Headquarters facility and require vehicle parking, please check the appropriate field on the registration form.
- Limited Wi-Fi access is possible at the AEP Ohio Headquarters facility. If you require Wi-Fi access beyond your personal cellular access, you must request AEP provided Wi-Fi access in advance in order for approved credentials to be prepared. Please check the appropriate field on the registration form.
- The AEP Dolan Technology Center is a secured facility, so if you want to participate in the tour, you must register in advance by April 25, 2017 and check yes on the registration form.
AEP Dolan Technology Center Tour:
For those meeting participants with late afternoon/early evening return travel schedules, AEP is offering to conduct tour(s) of its AEP Dolan Technology Center lab May 11th after the meeting adjourns (tours planned between 1pm and 4pm).
The AEP Dolan Technology Center is a secured facility, so if you want to participate in the tour, you must register in advance by April 25, 2017 and check yes on the registration form.
- Travel time to the AEP Dolan Technology Center is approximately 15 to 20 minutes (dependent on traffic)
- Transportation to AEP Dolan Technology Center is being planned. Participant transportation is welcomed.
GMLC Project Website: