SGIP is issuing a Call for Candidates to serve on the SGIP 2017 Board of Directors. The board term is 2 years. The SGIP Board provides strategic direction and oversight, provides their own network of influence, and inspires the organization.
SGIP Board of Directors
- Bring oversight to the association’s long-term impacts, results, purposes and future opportunities to serve the needs of members
- Serve as trusted advisors to the CEO as she develops and implements SGIP’s strategic plan
- Identify potential funding sources and serve as Ambassadors using their personal leverage to recommend future board directors and members
- Emphasize proactive leadership in policy development; clear distinction and respect for board and management roles; collective decision-making after consideration and encouragement of a diversity of viewpoints; and evaluation of organizational performance in terms of strategic and measurable results
- Assure excellence in governance through a disciplined approach based on adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct in all aspects of its guidance, decision-making and leadership of the association.
Open Board Positions
- Director elected from Manufacturing interest category
- Director elected from Asset Owners interest category
- Director elected from Consumer, Policy & Government interest category
- Director elected from the Service Providers and System Administrators interest category
- Director elected from the SDOs and Consortia interest category
- Director elected from the At-Large category
Requests of Candidates Running for Board Election
For consideration, the Candidate must be an employee or representative of an SGIP Member organization in good standing. Please submit, no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, October 10, 2016, the following information and documents for each candidate:
- Name of candidate
- Email of candidate
- Affiliation of candidate
- Interest category of candidate Information
- A 250-word biographical sketch of candidate (in Word format)
- A letter stating why you wish to run for a Board seat
About the Elections Process
All candidate documentation is required by Monday, October 17, 2016 by 11:59 p.m. EDT so that SGIP can commence uploading the profiles in Kavi and start the online election in November 2016.
The SGIP Board election is handled electronically in Kavi. The election voting will open on November 10, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. EST and will end on December 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Candidate submissions may be sent by email to: email@example.com
The results of the Board election will be announced on the end of December 2016 and the new Board members will commence their term with the January 2017 Board of Directors meeting.
We encourage all SGIP Members to consider candidates for submission of these open Board positions. Self-nominations are welcome.
If you have any further questions, please direct them to Ed Eckert, Chair of the SGIP Nominations & Governance Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org