2016 Award Nomination Form
For SGIP Members Only…Members Awarding Members
At the Grid Modernization Summit in November, SGIP members will have a say in recognizing each other in the first annual SGIP Members Choice Awards. In addition to the President’s Award at the summit, the 2016 SGIP Members Choice Awards will presented in acknowledgement of SGIP members’ collaboration to advance grid modernization as well as standout achievements in interoperability.
The awards will be for the following four categories:
1. The Erich Gunther Most Committed Interoperability Ambassador This award is named in honor of Erich Gunther for his outstanding contributions to SGIP and to the industry at large and will be awarded annually. The Erich Gunther Most Committed Interoperability Ambassador award will go to the SGIP player who has shown extraordinary dedication to development of interoperability standards and protocols. You’ll find this member is a strong contributor to SGIP committees and a vocal champion of such standards at industry meetings and conferences.
2. Best Contributor to Collaboration This member is a thought leader at meeting and conferences and an ardent follower of grid modernization efforts underway. He or she demonstrates commitment to collaboration by sharing knowledge, teaming up on projects and connecting other members who can benefit by meeting.
3. Most Innovative Solution This award celebrates smart engineering, such as mitigating voltage excursions from high penetrations of solar, analyzing data from newly installed sensors, extending automation technology beyond the substation or any other grid-modernization project. Nominations for this award should cover the challenges faced, the solution details and benefits that accrued.
4. Best Interoperability Demonstration Project This award goes to the member organization that actively demonstrates the benefits of interoperability through an in-house initiative or engagement with another organization. The winning, comprehensive project will typify grid modernization by including technology from multiple vendors or systems.
To make your nominations for the 2016 SGIP Members Choice Awards, click here.
Nomination window will remain open until October 4, 2016.
Vote Today – This is your community, you choose the winners!
Nomination & Eligibility Qualifications
• Nominee must be a SGIP member in good standing
• One nomination & vote per category, per SGIP member
• Each nomination must be accompanied by a detailed endorsement / words of support outlining why the nominee is a suitable award candidate
• Self / Corporate/ Association nominations are welcome
• Nomination window will remain open until October 4, 2016, 5 p.m. EDT
• Member need not be present to receive award
• The top 3 nominees per award category will be presented to all SGIP members via a Kavi ballot vote on October 5 – 14, 2016
• The awards will be announced and presented on Tuesday, November 8 at the SGIP Awards Dinner
Nominations mush be accompanied by a detailed explanation as Incomplete nominations or those that do not meet the minimum qualifications provided cannot be submitted for award consideration.